If you are afraid of working with suppliers who can’t deliver as promised, a factory audit helps you to evaluate their reliability, capabilities and highlights key risks that might prevent them from meeting your needs, allowing you to make an informed decision on whether to work with them or not.
A successful production partner is a key part of your business. If they let you down, then your reputation, profits, and business take a hit.
Conducting a manufacturer audit like this before and during your cooperation with a supplier in China and elsewhere in Asia will not only help to make sure that they are the right partner, but also that they are capable of maintaining the standards that you require over time.
Factory Audit Solutions Overview
This is an overview of each factory audit that we offer. You can choose the one(s) you feel are most aligned with your needs, or discuss them with us and get our recommendation.
|General Organization||Process Overview||Quality Systems Audit||Social Compliance Audit||Compliance With Law||Personal Safety & Work Enviromnent Overview||Factory & Licenses Pictures|
Learn More About Each Factory Audit And Get A Quote
Hit the blue buttons below to read more each factory audit and request a quotation if you’d like to get pricing for your project.
Initial Factory Evaluation (IFE)
Technical Quality Audit (TQA)
Technical & Social Audit (TSA)
Social Compliance Audit (SCA)
Here are some additional resources about factory audits to help you learn more...
You are not alone. We can help you. Depending on the factory’s level of cooperation and abilities, and depending on the types of issues we have identified, we can suggest the next steps.
Here are common approaches:
- Requesting corrective action plans for the most severe issues, then reviewing them and following up until (hopefully) closure. For the most complex issues, we follow the 8D Format.
- Sending engineers to help the factory with a process FMEA, setting up a control plan, and other forms of consulting. Check this out here: Quality Assurance Consulting.
- Checking if some of their promised improvements are really implemented, and doing so with a regular routine, for example at the time of the pre-production meeting.
- An annual re-audit program, to keep some pressure on the factory to drive improvement. For this, you may implement a layered process audit program where our auditor re-audits your supplier’s processes and quality systems by focusing on one key aspect per month.
Learn more by reading these factory audit resources and blog posts from Sofeast and QualityInspection.org.
- How Do Factory Audits Work In China? – [Infographic]
- A Factory Audit On A Small Factory. Worth It?
- Why Social Compliance Audits Often Don’t Work, But Can
- How Factory Audits, Inspections, and Lab Tests Fit Together
- The Real Purpose of Factory Audits? Evaluate and Prevent Risks.
- What a Social Auditor Should Check in Chinese Factories
Remember, if you’re interested in a factory audit, but you’re not sure about something, you can always arrange a free phone consultation with us where we can discuss your situation and work out together if you need audits and what kind would be best.